Sunday, December 9, 2007


This is a good example of what I mean when I say my work is taking a 3-D effect...I was at my favorite country auction, beyond Lacey Springs, AL--about 20 miles from Huntsville. I was "highest" bidder for the old wall pocket (some type of ceramic-labeled JAPAN on the back)--I just loved the grapevine design of the pocket--and being constantly inspired to make "wine" theme art quilts I knew that somehow I would incorporate it onto a quilt.


I free-motion machine quilted the whole piece of commercial, cotton Batik--in a floral design, as I would imagine "flora" amongst the vines in a vineyard...zigzaged the edges...mounted the finished piece onto an open, wooden frame (frame "found" somewhere???)...attached a hook on the back of the frame, in which to hook the wall pocket to...and then added some "found" tin leaves to put into the pocket. (One day, I'll post a picture of my "found" objects!!!!)


"Around the Vine" 2007

No comments: